Monday, September 3, 2012

It's the Inside that Matters Most

 I have learned so many lessons while here in India. However; the one I continue to see each day is this: beauty is not physical, but internal. It is shown by how you treat others and will be shown in your countenance. The people I see and care for in the colonies may not be beautiful by the world's standard, however; when you hold their hand, look into their eyes, see their smile, and hear them praise and thank God that you are there, their inner beauty far out-weighs their physical appearance. To me they are beautiful both inside and out.
        Anen and I, the best driver ever. He always has a smile on his face :)                                                                                

I felt so sorry for this women, she was very sick and in a lot of pain. I wish there was more we could do to help. 

 Anen made me a balloon face that looked just like me...at least that's what he said...One thing about Indian people, they are very honest and tell you exactly what they think. I've already been told I have big feet, I'm very tall, I look like I'm 30, and my favorite "you have a water tummy" (that was said by one of the kids, needless to say I need to firm up).
                                                    See what I mean? Isn't she beautiful!
                                  Me and Nusly, I'm so lucky to work with such great volunteers!



This is a regular occurrence here in India. The most people I have seen on one motorcycle was 5! I love how the little girl in the front has sunglasses on :)
 So, I took my camera to play time today. I have a love/hate relationship with taking my camera to play time. I love that I get to take pictures of the kids so that I can remember them when I leave. I hate that they all want to grab my camera and take pictures or videos and they constantly ask to see it. It's worth it when I get cute pictures like these though, don't you think? :)




The boy in the back in the orange shirt took about 3 minutes to get all the other boys in their special poses for the picture :) I loved it! You can also see the swing-set in the back of this picture....I gave "under-dogs" for about 20 minutes to those 4 little boys today. They never get tired of them!
                                                                          So cute!!





This is the moment during playtime where I am thinking, "crap, I'm going to get lice" The little girls love to climb all over you and be all around your face, more specifically your hair. Nusly and I are super paranoid about getting lice and check each other each night. I am proud to say so far I am lice free!

I just love this little girl! She has the cutest smile. All the children here have something special about them. They all have a sweet spirit and as you play with them you get to know their different personalities. I count my blessings each day that I am here. Even though these little kids at rising star have a rough life, (compared to our standard) it is nothing compared to the life of the kids in the village and around the rest of India. I feel blessed to have this opportunity to work with these sweet spirits. They definitely have made a very strong impact on my life and I know I will never forget my experience here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment