Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 3: Tutoring

Today we got to go to the school and help tutor the kids in English and Math. I loved having some one on one time with them! Some of them are really good readers as well. After tutoring in the morning we went and ate lunch with the kids. I started to eat with one of the forks that was available and all the kids looked and me and said, "no, like this" and grabbed a bunch of food with their hands and stuffed it in their mouth...so I did the same. They still laughed at me though because I wouldn't get the food all over my hands and they kept comparing their messy hands to mine :)
 

        This is Priya, he is so sweet! His older sister is Gracy, she's one of my favorites. She ran off before I could get a picture of her though.




                                                                In front of the school

After school I helped Merylin get ready for play time. A bunch of the volunteers helped out and we attempted to do a mini olympics with the kids. We had jumprope races, water balloon volleyball, and some other races. The kids had a blast, but it felt like chaos haha, I was helping with the jumpropes and I finally just let them do what they wanted because it was too hard to organize a race, but it was a ton of fun anyways!
                                                            Coolest water balloon!

Family time last night was so far one of my favorites. When I first got their I helped about 4 girls do their reading. at 8:00 the littler ones have to lay down and get ready for bed. I was sitting next to Gracy and they all asked me to sing to them. I sang Edakushi-kashi-kama (my mom will know what song I'm talking about) and they loved it! I ended up singing it about 5 times. These little girls also knew a bunch of primary songs and hymns and had me sing those to them as well. One of the little girls fell asleep holding my hand and I just loved the feeling I had being with these girls. I feel so much love for these kids, and I have only been with them a few days. It brought tears to my eyes to think of the love that our Heavenly Father has for them. I hope they can feel of his love. Family time is definitely my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment